Tuesday 18 January 2011

SHAPEMAKING

How do designers such as Gareth Pugh , Issey Miyake, Kenzo, Yoji Yamamoto,  and Hanae Mori create masterpiece clothing.........
As a designer I enjoy creating innovative new inspirational shapes on the body.
I hate thinking of the final outcome ,fashion is a process of experimentation and a balance of the ordinary and extraordinary
So what is the difference between ordinary and extraordinary designers?
For me ordinary is something I've seen before a previous idea almost imitated from another designer almost 'average'.
Extraordinary surpasses all my expectations has stepped over that boundary took a risk with there idea and stood by it no matter what.

For my own shape making project the outcome was somewhat different to my  expectecatations it wasn't as elaborate as I possibly wanted it to be , however I think it gave a good reflection of me both as a designer and person , im not conventional , I prefer risk to playing it safe , my work is rather personal which as a designer I need to learn not to take critism of my design to heart an attribute that will come with experience.

Fine art & fashion combined does have a place in the world.



FITTING : MODEL STEPH WOOD.




































DON'T JUST KNOT A DRESS ,KNOT A SHELL FOR THE BODY.

Fashion show Manchester John Dalton libary Deansgate. The atmosphere of that night was magical.









































































few of my favourite !


MEMORY PARADZI 
ROBERT MILLS

No comments:

Post a Comment